What you need to do on this final paper is to ask yourself if your views on religion have changed since spending a semester studying the great religions of the world
Instructions for Final REL 103 Paper
Paper is due no later than 5 pm the Friday of Final’s week
Turn the paper into my office 473 Humanities
The paper should be no longer than 5 pages, double-spaced, printed out, etc.
(1) Essentially this paper is a revision of your first paper, “Religion to me is…”
(2) What you need to do on this final paper is to ask yourself if your views on religion have changed
since spending a semester studying the great religions of the world.
(3) You will need to answer the following questions:
a. Have my views changed?
b. How have they changed?
c. If they haven’t changed, why haven’t they changed? If they have changed, why have
did they change?
(4) Next, you will need to say something about which religion you liked the most out of the ones we
(5) Finally, you will need to say whether or not this course has helped you better understand the
function of religion in the world. Has it helped you see religion in a more positive way or a more
(1) Do not simply tell me things like, “Religion to me is Jesus…” or “Religion to me is Islam…” and
then quote from your own religious tradition for 5 pages. That is unacceptable.
(2) Though this is a reflection paper, you should back up anything you say by using quotes from the
textbook. You may note your citations using MLA, APA, Turabian, etc. Just be consistent!
(3) Good grammar, spelling, etc. count. If you’re worried about this, I suggest making a trip to the
Writing Center before turning in your paper.
|Academic Level||High school|
|Subject Area||Religion course|
|Paper Type||Term paper|
|Number of Pages||5 Page(s)/1375 words|