What role does the ‘the economy’ play in the movie “12 Years of Slave”?
First, watch the movie “12 Years of Slave”. Then, you should think about the central course topic in the context of the film “12 Years of Slave”, and about how issues of political economy are represented in the movie. Make sure to answer the following questions:
1. What role does the ‘the economy’ play in the movie “12 Years of Slave”?
2. How does it shape the experiences of the characters and their interactions with one another?
3. How are economic conditions and dynamics represented visually?
4. Where do commodities, labor, capital, and credit come from, and where do they go?
5. Where is the movie set, and how does this geography matter to the storyline and representation of the political economy?
A clear and concise argument and roadmap paragraph in your paper’s introduction. A
roadmap paragraph generally reads like this: “In this paper, I will argue that… . First, I will… . Then, I
will…in order to show how…”. Your roadmap should outline (briefly) how you will
make your argument. Then flesh out this argument in the rest of your paper
|Academic Level||College (1-2 years: Freshmen, Sophomore)|
|Number of Pages||4 Page(s)/1100 words|