What are the organization’s values and how are they communicated?
Team Management Project
Students will form teams during the course for the purpose of evaluating and reporting on a company from FORTUNE’s 2014 List of Most Admired Companies. Groups are to investigate and prepare a detailed written report and presentation about the management/leadership effectiveness of the organization. Teams should agree upon a specific company/organization of interest and receive approval from the instructor prior to proceeding. The report must include answers to at least the following questions:
• What are the organization’s values and how are they communicated?
• What aspects of the organization’s management have contributed most to its growth and success?
• What is the culture of the organization and how does it serve as a competitive advantage?
• How does the company’s management motivate and communicate with its employees?
• What one management area do you feel the company needs to improve upon and why?
• How is the organization structured and why it is an appropriate structure for the firm?
What changes in organization structure does your team recommend?
• How well does the company innovate (site examples) and how are its innovation processes managed?
• What are the company’s key competitive advantages and why are they effective?
• How has the company managed the largest changes it has undergone in the past 3-5 years?
The report must be professionally written using an APA format and well organized. Reports must include a list of referenced sources used to find the information. Students are encouraged to access resources from the company, and to contact organizational members as part of their research. Written reports will be limited to 15 pages (double-spaced) plus exhibits.
Teams will prepare a brief but effective overview of their findings to present to the class. Each group will have 10-15 minutes to present. The class will then discuss the management evaluation of the selected company/organization and ask questions of each group. The effectiveness of this presentation within the time limit will be included as part of the grade. Each member of the group must conduct a relevant portion of the presentation.
ps: we are a group of 5 people, so please form the paper into two points of the above for each member. Each one has to have an equal amount of pages and information.
|Academic Level||College (1-2 years: Freshmen, Sophomore)|
|Paper Type||Research paper|
|Number of Pages||15 Page(s)/4125 words|