PROMPT FOR WRITING PROJECT #2: FILM CRITIQUE
Create a film critique of either Pawel Pawlikowski’s Ida or Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar. Assess and evaluate the film from the perspective of: (Select at least three of the following.)
- performance of its genre (e.g., science fiction, historical drama)
- narration /scriptwriting/ dramatic intensity
- sociocultural / sociopolitical significance
- philosophical / spiritual dimensions
- use of sound / music/ silence / poetry
- acting / psychological development of the characters
- special topics
- award stars (e.g., 3 out of 4, or 4 out of 5)
Include a very brief plot summary.
Research is required for this writing project. Find and read two interesting film reviews by published reviewers, and dialogue with these reviewers in your own critique, “contextualizing” your citation and using MLA citation format.
As with all writing for this course, create a very focused thesis, main idea, or key concept, and support it with a well developed analysis. Write at least 12,500 words of double-spaced 14 point type on one side of the page only, please.
Please include three peer reviews for the first draft, a concept map of each draft, and a Revision Journal with each draft.
|Academic Level||College (1-2 years: Freshmen, Sophomore)|
|Paper Type||film critique|
|Number of Pages||5 Page(s)/1375 words|