Writing Project Two: Profile (20%)
Dr. Agapi Theodorou-Shapiro / ENGL 1010 / Spring 2016
This assignment requires that you portray in writing either:
- an expert in your chosen field/major (e.g. a TTU faculty member)
- an individual outside of your field whom you find to be “newsworthy.”
Your interviewee should be someone whom you do not know well; in other words, you need not choose to profile a complete stranger, but your subject should not be someone with whom you are very close (e.g. a family member). You will rely primarily on field research to write this essay.
After discussing and practicing strategies for interviewing people in class, you will conduct at least one interview with your subject. Prior to the interview, you must complete an Informed Consent Form (more information forthcoming). Once you have amassed a substantial amount of field notes, you will write up an engaging profile.
Your audience includes your ENGL 1010 instructor and peers.
This assignment will help you to meet the following ENGL 1010 course objectives:
- Think and read critically;
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Communicate with focused and sustained attention to purpose;
- Understand and employ rhetorical concepts and writing processes.
Your project should be between three-four typed pages and formatted in MLA style.
- 17 & 22 March 2016 – Writing/Revision Workshops
24 March 2016 – Profile due (submit to iLearn dropbox by 11.59p
 Your paper is late if I do not receive, on the due date, a digital copy submitted to iLearn by 11.59p.
|Academic Level||College (1-2 years: Freshmen, Sophomore)|
|Subject Area||Classic English Literature|
|Number of Pages||4 Page(s)/2200 words|