Michael Moore often refers to countries where healthcare is provided by the government as “free”. What is the problem with his usage of the word “free” here?
Sicko Film Discussion Questions
1. Michael Moore visits several countries to learn about their systems of healthcare. As you
watch the film fill in the chart below and indicate what type of healthcare services are
provided in each country.
1. Which country do you believe gives its citizens the best care? Why?
3. Michael Moore often refers to countries where healthcare is provided by the government as
“free”. What is the problem with his usage of the word “free” here?
1. As a publicity stunt Moore takes 9/11 firefighter survivors to Cuba to receive healthcare. Do
you think this makes his point about American healthcare? Why?
1. Moore states at the end of the film “that we live in a world of me not we”.
Do you believe that statement is accurate? Support your response.
(Number of your own words should be approx. 500 )
|Academic Level||College (1-2 years: Freshmen, Sophomore)|
|Subject Area||Health Care|
|Paper Type||Book/movie review|
|Number of Pages||2 Page(s)/550 words|