How does the tutorial differentiate between matrilineal, patrilineal, and bilateral kinship systems?
1. How does the tutorial differentiate between matrilineal, patrilineal, and bilateral kinship systems?
2. How does the tutorial define EGO?
3. What are the kinship symbols used in the tutorial for drawing a kinship diagram?
4. Review the different kinship systems and then choose one that is close to your own family. Briefly
diagram your family two generations back. You may use a computer program such as paint or
PowerPoint to do this.
5. Describe the Nayar system of marriage (found under “Marriage Systems”)
6. Choose one indigenous people from the tutorial (the Akan, Igbo, Ancient Hebrews, etc.) to explore
further in this tutorial and answer the following questions.
7. How is lineage passed?
8. What type of marriage system do they have?
9. What is their pattern of residence?
10. What kind of economic exchange takes place with marriage?
11. What information does the tutorial provide regarding social stratification and gender roles in the
12. After reading these two chapters and reviewing the tutorial, what surprised you the most about
13. Why do you think it is important to understand the nature of kinship and family when working with other
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL ANSWERS NEED TO BE IN YOUR OWN WORDS. CUTTING AND PASTING
FROM ANY WEBSITE WILL RESULT IN O POINTS for this question.
|Academic Level||College (1-2 years: Freshmen, Sophomore)|
|Paper Type||Case study|
|Number of Pages||4 Page(s)/1100 words|