Describe the purpose of risk and quality management in health care organizations in general and in your chosen organization.
Resource: Risk and Quality Management Assessment Summary
Grading Criteria and Sample Executive Summary located in the
Center for Writing Excellence
• Navigate to the Center for Writing Excellence in the University
• Under Writing Resources, click Tutorials & Guides.
• Under Samples, click Sample Executive Summary.
Risk and quality management provide different methods, tools, and
techniques to health care organizations to ensure that they provide
quality health care. Leaders in a health care organization have hired
you as a consultant to help assess the organization’s current status
and define a future plan for providing quality health care.
Select an organization type in the health care industry as the basis
for this assignment. The organization may be your employer or a
health care organization of particular interest to you. Types of health
care organizations include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Nursing facility
• Physician office
• Emergency medical services
• Managed care organization
• Home health care
• Community health department or provider
• Drug manufacturer
• Medical device manufacturer
• Durable medical equipment supplier
• Electronic medical records software suppliers
Research the key concepts of risk and quality management in health
care and the factors that influence risk and quality management for
your chosen type of organization.
Research the relationship between risk management and quality
Write a 1,750- to 2,100-word executive summary in which you
complete the following:
• Describe your chosen organization.
• Describe the purpose of risk and quality management in health care
organizations in general and in your chosen organization.
• Describe the key concepts of risk and quality management in your
• Explain steps the organization may take to identify and manage
• Identify at least three typical or actual risks in the organization.
Describe how the risks might negatively affect the quality.
• Identify at least three internal and external factors that influence
quality outcomes in the organization. Describe how these
factors might negatively affect quality outcomes for the
• Outline at least three of the organization’s long-term goals and at
least three short-term goals.
• Identify at least three fundamental risks and quality management
policies that should be implemented and how they will influence
• Explain the relationship between risk management and quality
management in the organization and how these two disciplines
complement each other.
Include at least four sources, two from the University Library and two
from either the course textbooks or this week’s Electronic Reserve
Readings. Prepare a reference list of all resources and websites used
in your research.
Format the executive summary and reference list consistent with
|Paper Type||Research paper|
|Number of Pages||7 Page(s)/1925words|