Describe the context from an ethnomusicologist’s point of view: dress, behavior, etc
3 pages of response paper about the dance showcase performance:
– Describe the context from an ethnomusicologist’s point of view: dress, behavior, etc.
– What kind of music was used: variety, style, tempo, etc.
– Pick one work and comment on a few SHMRG elements in it.
– This what SHMRG means Sound- Instruments being used, Intensity/Volume, Dynamic Contrast, Timbre
Harmony- Use of consonant and dissonant intervals, Harmonic Progression
Melody- Motion (steps and skips), Texture (monophonic, homophonic, polyphonic)
Rhythm- Meter, Tempo
Growth- Musical Form, Repeats, Themes/Motives
– Discuss the relationship between movement and sound. what were some of the connections? How did the visual and aural elements complement each other?
I went to the performance and here are my comments (I need you to describe it more and use the appropriate voc. Please):
The performer started to introduce the concept of the show.
-the first show was about 4 min and it was funky, 3 girls trying to attract an idiot guy they were wearing a white cut t-shirt and a short old-style skirt. Their dancing was good but it is not the best.
-the second one was performed by a couple the girl was wearing a tiffany colored short dress their movements were harmonious. the romantic song “I am giving up on you” was touching for this show, even though their movement was not perfect but they did a good job.
– the third one was started with a lonely girl who sitting under the light spot and dance in her silence her hair was long and dropped-down, and here white dress was gorgeous I can feel her pure soul and her smooth movements then another girl came and their performance was excellent I liked it. The sound of the violin was obvious on this show and there was a man sound in the song.
-the fourth one was about 3 minutes of performance done by three girls. They were wearing colorful t-shirts, the song was perfect with the blue background. It was a mixture of sadness and having hope
-the fifth show performed by four girls they were clapping their feet, the song “20 dollars in my pocket” was an excellent choice. Their looking was appropriate with the song. Their movements were bringing happiness to the performance hall.
-the sixth performance was about 4 min. the entrance of the three attractive girls who wearing black was awesome. The one in the middle was perfect especially with her leg and feet movements were harmonic with the song tune.
-the seventh was started with smoke and the same girl was wearing black and mask. The song tune was slow then it got faster.
-the eighth and the last one was filled with energy, it was about 4 min. approximately. Four girls who were wearing old-style jeans shorts and karohat shirt and their braid hair was pretty. And the big bright radio was an old fashioned one. The SHMRG was very good.
Please I need you to use perfect VOC. In music to describe the sound and movements please use your imagination and try to imagine it I hope that my description is good enough.
And I need an introduction.
Thank you I appreciate it
|Academic Level||College (1-2 years: Freshmen, Sophomore)|
|Number of Pages||3 Page(s)/825 words|