Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of the theories, tools, and instruments for making corporate financial decisions in an international context
INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
End of Module Assignment
Regular Assignment (70%):
Last date of submission: 07/04/2014
Learning Outcomes Assessed:
LO1. Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of the theories, tools and
instruments for making corporate financial decisions in an international context.
LO2. Make informed investment decisions based on the outcome of external and
international environment analyses.
LO3. Appreciate the importance and potential uses of international financial
markets, and be able to apply this knowledge in business situations.
LO4. Identify and understand the potential risks and uncertainties facing firms that
operate in the international environment and be to suggest solutions and the financial
tools that can be used to minimize these problems.
Word Count: Maximum of 2500 words
For the detailed assessment criteria, see the Grademark rubric in Moodle.
You must refer to the appropriate literature and published research.
As a Consultant of a firm that has only recently started international
operations, write a report to the Board of Directors that discusses the
1. Describe and distinguish between the three major foreign exchange
exposures experienced by firms.
2. Evaluate the institutional practice of conducting foreign exchange risk
3. Define and explain the determinants of this international company’s operating
4. Provide solutions and to discuss the usefulness of financial instruments and
internal techniques by which your international company may manage their
5. Analyse the pros and cons of hedging foreign exchange exposure including
6. Discuss whether the company should use currency futures or options if it
decides to speculate in the foreign currency market.
You should illustrate your analysis with appropriate numerical examples if
necessary. Critical thinking is expected in your report.
|Academic Level||College (3-4 years: Junior, Senior)|
|Subject Area||International Investment Analysis|
|Number of Pages||2 Page(s)/1100 words|